What is Acne?
Acne is a skin conditions where pus spots form mostly on the face or anywhere else on the body. The shape of the pus spots are either conical or round and usually have a black head or white head. Acne usually begins at puberty however sometimes even smaller children have acne. The acne can be either mild or very severe with spots forming on the face especially cheeks and nose and also on the back and chest. Acne causes severe embarrassment to youngsters and also causes loss of self confidence. Acne also leads to scarring on the face which may stay for life.
The most severe form of Acne is Cystic Acne where in there is a severe infection at the site of the acne. Cystic acne is very painful and usually runs in families.
Most of the time Acne might resolve itself after adolescence however the scars acne leaves behind might stay for life.
What causes acne?
The oil glands on the skin in some people get hyper charged due to higher levels of testosterone in their body (yes both women and men have testosterone but in different levels). At the same time these oil glands get clogged up by either dead skin cells or dirt due to either lack of personal hygiene or due to other hereditary conditions where dead skin cells are not shed properly. This leads to infection of these glands which results in pus formation which causes acne.
What you should not do when you have acne?
Do not try to pinch or scratch out the acne. This causes further infection to spread and may lead to further complications.
Does Lemon Cure Acne?
Lemon does not cure acne. However washing your face and skin several times a day with lemon juice or the rind of the lemon itself acts and a cleanser and an exfoliant thus making sure that the oil glands do not get clogged.
Thus when the oil glands do not get clogged the chances of an infection arising in them is reduced by several fold and this reduces the changes of you developing acne in the first place.
Lemon juice being a natural cleanser gently removes any dirt and excess oil on your skin and lemon rind being a gentle exfoliant removes dead cells from the skin.
Make sure that you clean your face and skin on chest and back or where ever you get acne several times with lemon juice and lemon rind several times a day especially whenever you feel the skin is dirty or oily.
What are the medical cures for Acne?
Currently there are no cures for Acne in the medical world. However your doctor might suggest that you use a retinoid such as
These retinoids work by acting as super charged exfoliants and clear the clogged pores. However they might cause your skin to become more sensitive to sunglight.
Also your doctor might recommend an antibiotic to kill the bacteria. Common antibiotics used are
All these medications can improve the acne infection and give you relief. However it is important that these medications are taken only under a qualified doctors recommendation as nearly all of them are not over the counter medications and can cause problems if used without a qualified doctors recommendation.
Hope you successfully counter the problems caused by acne either to you or a loved one with the simple stuff such as the juice of the lemon and its rind. Let us know how the same has worked for you, also before trying anything consult your doctor for what might be suitable for you.
Wishing you all the very best in health.
Also refer the following links which should educate you better on acne
British Skin Foundation
Golden milk or turmeric milk and this is an old ayurvedic recipe which is been in practice over many centuries in India. When we drink golden milk everyday it will actually help with any joint issues that you have for a long time . Turmeric is from India and so it has been in use for many centuries. Turmeric is used in most of the dishes including curries , stews , mariantion etc.
Marinating chicken , fish or any kind of meat with turmeric and rock salt for atleast 15 mins before cooking will help to kill the germs in the meat.
Turmeric is rich in curcumin which is the active ingredient to wreak on different disorders.
They help in all different kinds of cancers are also studying the effects of to work on Alzheimer’s. The main use of turmeric milk is for liver detoxification. It is found that the tumor actually helps clean off the liver so if anyone has any kind of don’t want to say what it doesn’t cure anything but it helps keep the liver clean .The liver is a really big filter for our bodies and so turmeric is one things that can do to help is to clean that out and get your belt blood clean again. Turmeric milk helps for people with any kind of arthritis like rheumatoid arthritis and in a treat as any kind of inflammation in the body. Most of the pain comes from inflammation so give the this recipe of turmeric milk to anybody comes in with this especially rheumatoid arthritis but people have any joint pain any kind of tendinitis joint inflammation ,tennis elbow, shoulder injuries . It’s also good for skin disorders. Turmeric milk helps you to sleep better at night .
Turmeric helps to break down abdominal fat cells and helps in weight loss. Milk is rich in antioxidants make as we all know strengthens bones so combined with turmeric it provides additional benefits to bone health turmeric milk is great for cold and cough it is good for sore throat and taken daily it will boost your immunity.
- Take a saucepan add in 1 cup for milk you can use almond milk cognate make or make rice milk or even soy milk.
- Once the milk starts to boil add in half tsp turmeric powder .
- Now give it a mix and then add in one fourth teaspoon freshly crushed pepper
- Add 1/ 4 TSP ghee or coconut oil.
- Now bring this to a boil and mix and simmer for a minute and switch off the flame.
- Now the trick to make the milk frothy and bubbly pour the milk from a little distance into the pan .
- Repeat this again from a little distance to the same sauce pan repeat this for three to four times and you can see how the make is becoming frothy.
- By doing this will help the heat to come down and also the ingredients will be well mixed because the temperature has come down it can be consumed immediately.
- Now pour this into a glass mug.
- Use a glass mug or clay mug instead of plastic mugs as they melt the plastic .
- It is a great warmer in the monsoons and in winter turmeric powder warms up the body.
- Pepper helps the active ingredient in turmeric to absorb faster into the body.
- Coconut oil or ghee acts as a lubricant to the joints and if you have a sore throat he given melt and quoted throat and relieves from cough.
- To add sweet add palm sugar or honey.
- But if adding honey make sure that the milk is not too hot but warm honey should not be added to hot food or very cold food.
- For flavorings you can add some crushed cardamoms having turmeric milk gives your glowing complexion. Include turmeric milk in your daily diet and enjoy all the benefits of turmeric along with a good night’s sleep.
How to get rid of the dark Skin around the elbows.
1. Mash two or three slices of papaya in bowl.
2. Add one tea spoon of lemon juice.
3. Save the skin of the lemon.
4. Apply the mixture around the elbow.
5. Let is set for 15 mins.
6.Wash off with normal water.
7. Rub the lemon skin over the elbow .
8. Wash it off.
9. Apply some moisturizer.
10.Continue this method for about two weeks.
Causes of dark lips
- Excessive smoking
- Frequent consumption of coffee and tea
- Applying too much lipsticks
- Using the wrong brands of lipsticks , lipbalms,lipglosses etc.
- Lack of mositurisation
This leads to itching ,dryness and irritation.There are many natural and homemade solutions for all these problems.
- Mix a tsp of almond oil and coconut oil and apply it on your lips and leave it for 15 mins .Then gently massage over the lips and wash it off with luke warm water.
- Apply clarified butter or ghee on your lips and let it set for 15 mins and wipe it off with a clean soft cotton cloth.
- Remove the lipstick or lipgloss or any other makeup on your lips and apply some vaseline before going to bed.
- Take 1 tsp of honey in a small bowl.
Dip a soft facial tissue and rub it over your lips in a circular motion for 1 min.
Take a another wet tissue and wipe the honey off the lips.
- To keep the lips moist take 2- 3 tsps of tomato juice in a small bowl and massage it over the lips.
- If Allergic to any of the ingredients which are mentioned above try aloe vera gel .Take the gel of the aloe vera and just apply the gel over the lips in circular motion .Rinse off with warm water.
Grapes are one of the most oversprayed with pesticides and fertilizers.So always remember to wash them thoroughly. It is most advisable to wash the fruits with warm water and add a little bit of rock salt to the water.Let it sit for some and later wash the grapes well with normal water.This helps to remove all the pesticides and helps to clean the grapes better. It is always more safe to go for organic grapes. They stay fresh in the fridge for atleast a week.
Grapes Juice is an Excellent Source of :
- Vitamin K
Healing Powers Of Grape Juice
- Lowers the risk of Blood Clots
- Reduces bad Cholesterol
- Protects blood Vessels in heart
- Purifies Blood
- Anti – Aging
- Prevents Migraine
- Improves Digestion
- Prevents Constipation
Grape Juice Recipe:
- Wash the grapes well as instructed .
- Drain all the water out.
- Pick the grapes from their stem .
- Blend the grapes with a little of water and sugar if preferred.
- You can replace sugar with a honey.
- Blend the grapes in the blender well.
- Strain the juice.
Grapes make excellent juice but if you find grape juice too sweet then squeeze some lemon juice with it. It can also be mixed with water or apple juice if the taste is too strong.
Most of us think only about banana fruit when we talk about bananas. But we forget about the leaves which have equal medicinal value and can be used in everyday life. In earlier days people were using banana leaves as a plate for eating their meals. They are many uses and benefits of banana leaves.
Banana leaves for cooking
Cooking fish , Chicken , Poli ( sweet dish in India) , all the variety `potatoes gives the dish a lot of aroma nd flavour. The recipe is very easy. Just mix the chicken and the fish with the needed ingredients and wrap it up in the banana leaf and fry it in the pan with some oil. Let cook for about 4-5 mins each side and open the banana leaf and check out the wonderful flavour.
Banana leaves for Burns and Wounds :
Many Ayurvedic treatments for skin problem and sprained muscles always include an oil massage. After giving the body a full oil massage natural treatment centres wrap the body with banana leaf which tends to remove the toxins and gives the body a relaxing feel. In Villages they tend to wrap up the wounds with the coconut oil and banana leaf which is said to heel faster. For skin burns due fire and hot water , wrap the wound up with the banana leaf as it will cool the burning sensation and stops itching. As for insect bites in villages they still apply Sunambu (slaked lime) and wrap it up with the banana leaf. This will remove the toxin and prevents from swelling up.
Banana leaves For Serving Food:
As plastics are now the most dangerous element surrounding us we better start to think about the ways we can avoid using plastics. We can serve food in a banana leaf instead of a plastic plate. Now coconut wood plates are available. We can serve food for a small party with the coconut plate with a round cut banana leaf inside the plate. We can also use paper cups for serving water or juice. These are some minute ways for avoiding plastics so that we can have a safe and beautiful natural surrounding for our later genenrations.
Banana leaf for packing :
Instead of using plastic cups it is best to use banana leaf for packing food materials.
Avarampoo also called as Cassia auriculata in English. They are avialable almost everywhere mostly near the river beds. They are widely used as homeremedies in the olden days for many skin problems, as beauty treatment, for hair care etc. Dried avarampoo well and store it in a air tight container and you can use the dried powder for a long time.
- Avarampoo flowers bloom almost throughout the year.
- Avarampoo flowers and the leaves are used as home remedies.
- Avarampoo gives a very cooling effect .
- Wash your hair with the dried avarampoo powder will reduce the heat in the body.
- Avarampoo dried powder is used remove black spots on the face.
- It is a natural skin toner.
- Helps to keep the skin blemish free.
Avarampoo face powder :
- Bengal gram dhal
- Kasthuri Manjal
- Rose petals
- Gram Dhal is a natural scrub which cleansenses the skin.
- Vettiver is a coolent which brings down the heat in the body and prevents boils.
- Avarampoo and Kasthuri manjal are infection repellents of the skin.
- Use this face regularly you can see the difference within 2 weeks.
- This powder is very fragrant and it suites for almost all skin types.
- Grind the mixture into a fine powder and store it in a air tight jar.
Read More : Benefits Of Kasthuri Manjal
About 70 percentage of men in the world suffer from lossing hair and slip into baldness. Having a scalp completely or partly lacking of hair is most commonly seen in men. It is mostly because of heredity or hormone problems. You can solve this problem in home with some remedies.
Remedies to get rid of baldness:
Coconut Milk And Oil:
- Apply coconut milk in your hair regularly to get new hair growth at the place where the hair line is residing.
- Apply a mixture of about 20 ml of coconut oil, 10 ml of Amla oil and two teaspoons of lemon juice on your scalp and wash off after some time.
- Coconut milk and oil helps to fight against dandruff and hair fall.
- It nourishes the hair and also nourishes the hair tissues to give smooth hair and some hair growth.
Read More : benefits of coconut
Amla Hair Oil Treatment
- Massaging Regularly With Basic Oils like amla oil, coconut oil, almond oil and olive oil which will help follicles your hair and prevent from dandruff.
- Always use these hair oils to your hair for effective results.
- Massage the hair oil on your scalp and hair for ten minutes. Leave it on your hair for fifteen minutes and then you can wash it off with shampoo or homemade shampoos like shiyakkai,hibiscus etc..
- Coconut oil or amla oil helps your blood circulation and thereby to relaxation from stress and strains.
Read More : Benefits of Amla Hair Oil.
Fenugreek Seeds And Oil:
- Take few amount of fenugreek seeds and fry them in coconut oil for one minute
- Strain this mixture and apply it through on your head.
- Massage it gently on the head for best result.
- It goes inside the hair root and cures hair problem from balding.
- Use this mixture for four times in a week before bathing.
Henna Leaves Treatment:
- Henna leaves are used to treat hair from damage and it gives colour and shine to the damaged hair .
- First boil Henna leaves in mustard oil and keep aside to cool.
- Then mix the strained oil with coconut oil for effective result.
- It gives good results and prevents baldness.
- Try it twice in a week.
- Onions gives best result to patchy baldness.
- Cut the big onions in half.
- Rub the open side on the affected area of the onion on the patch both in the morning as well as evening.
- Keep on rubbing till the area becomes red.
- Do it daily for good results.
Read More : Onion For Hair Growth
Guava Leaves Treatment:
- Boil few guava leaves in water.
- Keep on boiling till the colour of the water turns dark.
- Use this water to massage your scalp and wash off.
- Repeat it for three times a week.
Eggs Treatment :
- White of the Eggs make hair to grow fast and nourishes the root as they are rich in protiens. by applying beaten egg on scalp.Mix with hibicus leaves paste or shikakkai paste.Use it for three times in a week for effective result.You can mix olive oil too .
Read More : Homemade hibiscus Shampoo
- Massage your hair and scalp gently with Castor oil. Repeat this oil massage treatment for at least once a week. This is said to be one of the most effective home remedy for hair loss or baldness.
- You can also mix almond oil with castor oil and gently massage the mixed oil with your fingers tips.
- Massage gently your head with aloe vera gel.Let it set for few mins and then rinse your hair thoroughly . You can notice that your hair has become very soft. Aloe vera helps in treating lots of health problems and it helps in hair growth and stops hair fall.
Cucumbers are naturally bleaching agents hence helps to lighten the dark skin and used in many face packs along with many other ingredients. Just slice the cucumbers into pieces and rub them on the underarms or make a puree of cucumbers and rub them and let it set for 15 mins . Other method for whitening under arms is to mix cucumber juice ,baking soda and olive oil .Later wash off with cold water.You can repeat the procedure any number of times until you are satisfied with the results.
Lemon is also a natural bleaching agent which are very good anti bacterial and antiseptic agent. Lemon is also used on the soft face skin which helps to remove pimples and acne.Just cut a lemon into half and squeeze the juice out and rub the lemon skin on your under arms and let it set for 15 mins .This is remove all the sweat odour and starts to lighten the skin.
Baking soda is the number one agent for removing any odours which will do the same for under arms. When we sweat a lot our under arms naturally starts to smell . This also causes the skin to become dark. Make a thick paste of baking soda with water and apply it on your underarms and let it set for 15mins.Then wash off with cold water.
Peel some orange peels and dry it in the sun until they are crisp . Make them into a powder and preserve in a bottle.Mix the orange peel powder along with some milk and honey and apply in to on your underarms.Let it set for 15 mions and then wash off with cold water. Repeat it atleast twice or thrice a week.You can see the changes in a few days.