Increase Dopamine Levels in the Brain Naturally – 10 natural and easy ways.
What is Dopamine and why is it important?
Are you constantly feeling stressed. Lack concentration and lack ambition. Feel that you are lacking energy. These may be because of lack of Dopamine in your brain. Dopamine is a important chemical that is produced by your brain and used as a neurotransmitter.
It works to help the brain understand rewards and feel elated because of achievements.
Without adequate levels of dopamine the person does not feel alive and feels depressed and may also feel unmotivated. Thus it is very important to make sure that you are able to have enough dopamine in your brain.
How can I increase the level of dopamine in the brain?
It is not possible to eat dopamine rich foods to increase the dopamine in your brain as dopamine cannot cross the blood brain barrier. The levels of dopamine in the blood will be different from those in the brain however there are easy ways to increase dopamine in the brain.
- Learn or see new things every day that interest you. Dopamine is synthesized by the brain when you experience new stuff that interest your. For example watching a new movie that interest you increases dopamine. Watching an interesting game increase dopamine. The list is endless.
- Listen to lively music. Take some time to listen to lively music everyday. Just thinking about lively music has shown to increase the amount of dopamine in your brain.
- Reduce sugary, fatty foods and fast foods in your diet. These foods increase the levels of lipopolysaccharides which essentially destroy dopamine.
- Increase the quantity of good protein foods in your diet. Foods such as almonds, bananas, milk, eggs, watermelon and yogurt supply you with the protein tyrosine which helps the brain produce more dopamine.
- Exercise frequently. Challenging physical activity helps the brain increase dopamine in the brain. Probably one of the reasons for runners high. Exercise also helps the body produce other beneficial chemicals such as serotonin and endorphin which further elevate mood similar to dopamine.
- Do frequent small things which lead to victory often such as cleaning your desk, planting a plant, writing a short story, finishing a book etc often. These small victories help the brain to secrete dopamine in copious amounts. Without these small victories the brain becomes lethargic due to lack of dopamine.
- Create a journal of your winnings and keep it some place where you can see it everyday. This helps the brain to savor past victories again and again and secrete more and more dopamine.
- Make sure that you eat curcumin the active ingredient of turmeric which helps increase the amount of dopamine.
- Become creative and get into hobbies that are creative such as carpentry, electronics, scrap booking etc. All these help the brain secrete dopamine as there will be continuous victories in these.
- Last but not the least take time to meditate every day. Meditation is not very hard. Just find a quite spot, sit down, close your eyes and start breathing deeply and concentrate on your breathing. Start with 1 or 2 minutes and you will soon be meditating for 15 to 20 minutes. Meditation has been found to increase dopamine levels on part with the best medications.
Just do any of these 10 steps every day and you brain will thank you by producing enough dopamine which will make you more active, productive, lively and increase your daily activity levels.
Wish you all a very happy and productive day. God bless.http://gokovai.com/2017/08/29/increase-dopamine-levels-in-the-brain-naturally-10-natural-and-easy-ways/http://i1.wp.com/gokovai.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/dopamine.jpg?fit=220%2C152http://i1.wp.com/gokovai.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/dopamine.jpg?resize=150%2C150Health and fitnessHealthy Living