Kuthiraivali is called Jhangora in Hindi, Barnyard Millet in English, Kodisama in Telugu, Bhagar in Marathi.
The following are the seven benefits of eating Kuthiraivali rice
- Increases the strength of muscles due to its higher protein content.
- Regulates the glucose levels in blood due to its high glycemic index.
- Helps to fight against anemia as it has high iron content.
- Helps in controlling bowl movement due to its higher fiber content.
- Improves the strength of bones due to its higher calcium content.
- Is very low in fat and calories than regular rice and thus helps to in weight loss.
- Provides a nice does of phosphorus to the body that helps in building strong bones.
The following is the nutrition present in 100 gms of Kuthiraivali rice
- Carbohydrates : 65 gms
- Protein : 7 gms
- Fiber : 9 gms
- Calcium : 20 m gms
- Iron : 5 m gms
- Phosphorus : 280 m gms
The following is the best way to prepare Kuthiraivali rice
Kuthiraivali rice cooks very easily.
- Just soak the rice in the water for 10 minutes.
- Place in cooker and cook for 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat.
The rice can be had with sambar or other traditional dishes.