“Melanin” is a pigment that gives our skin the colour and they are produced by something called melanocytes. Dark spots, age spots, freckles, melasma and liver spots are all due to the excessive production of melanin which results in Hyperpigmentation. Some common causes of hyperpigmentation are due to
- Sun Exposure
- Skin Inflammation
There are many treatments like facial which is to improve collagen production and reduces dark and brown spots, Chemical peels to peel off the existing layer and makes the new soft skin to look smooth and light and attractive, skin lightening cream and lotions etc. But all these treatments should be done under guidance or beautician.
There are a few natural homemade remedy tips which is made with natural ingredients like licorice powder, Aloe Vera, turmeric powder, potato juice, lemon juice, rice water and sandalwood. Some of them are shown as follows but it takes time for the dark spots to fade away.
1. Licorice Powder for Hyperpigmentation:
· Take a spoonful of licorice powder , add equal quantity of turmeric powder ( Kasthuri Manjal ) . Squeeze lemon juice and mix till it forms a paste. Use this paste as a face mask. Apply on the face and let it set for 15 – 20 mins and wash off with cold water.
2. Aloe Vera For Hyperpigmentation:
- Take 1 tsp of Aloe Vera gel, 1/2 tsp of besan powder ( homemade) and 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder ( kasturi manjal ) in a bowl and mix well till forms a pack and apply as a face pack. This is a very wonderful remedy to lighten dark spots and black spots on the face.
- Potato & Lemon Juice For Hyperpigmentation:
- Take a potato, peel the outer skin and grate it using a fine grater. Now press the grated potato to extract the juice completely. Add in equal quantities of lemon juice or fresh home made curd and apply on the face.
- Sandalwood Powder for Hyperpigmentation :
- Take 1 tbs of pure sandalwood powder in a bowl. Add in enough rice water to form a paste and apply as a face pack.
- Turmeric Powder For Hyper Pigmentation:
- Take turmeric powder ( kasthuri manjal) in a bowl. Add in enough milk or curd or lemon juice to form a paste and apply as a face pack.
These natural treatments almost have no side effects and the results may differ from person to person.