Amla Jam for anemia
Amla or Indian Gooseberry is said to one of the best for treating anemia.
Mostly anemia is due to deficiency of calcium and iron in the body. Hence most of the young generation are seem to get tried and drained out easily by middle of the day. For anemia constant supply of iron and other vitamins will cure the tiredness and gives energy for the body the whole day.
Amla is very good remedy for anemia as it is very rich in Vitamin C and Iron . Amla Jam is very easy to make and very good for health too.
For making the Amla Jam
½ kg of Amla \
Cardamon – 4-5
Jaggery – ½ kg ( for more sweetness add more jaggery)
Ginger or dried ginger – a big piece.
- Boil the amla in water .
- When cooked well cut the amla and remove the seed.
- Allow it to cool.
- Remove the skin of the cardamom seed .
- In a mixer grinder take 2- 3 tsp of sugar and add the cardamom seeds and grind it into powder.
- Grate the jaggery .
- Boil the jaggery in a little water in a separate pan along with ginger root or the dried ginger.
- After boiled strain the jaggery juice in a bowl so that all the sand and other impurities are removed. Keep aside.
- Grind the boiled amla in a mixer jar.
- Now bring the jaggery liquid to a medium heat in a pan .
- Slowly add the amla paste to the jaggery and keep stirring.
- After a min add the cardamom mixture and keep stirring.
- When it comes to a consistency of a jam ( a little bit stringy)remove from heat.
- Allow it to cool.
- When cold shift the jam to a air tight jar.
- Amla jam has atleast 6 months of shelf life.
- It is very easy to make and you can prepare it in within ½ hr.
- Sugar can be used instead to jaggery.
- But jaggery is more healthy than sugar.
- Honey can be added at the end.
http://gokovai.com/2016/11/15/amla-jam-for-anemia/http://i0.wp.com/gokovai.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Amla-Jam-1.jpg?fit=1024%2C775http://i0.wp.com/gokovai.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Amla-Jam-1.jpg?resize=150%2C150Health and fitnessHealthy LivingHealthy RecipesHerbs ProfileHomeAmla,amla jam,anemia