Amla Murabba – A Sweet Delight
Amla is one of the healthy fruit which is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium and Magnesium. However the taste of amla is a bit tart and sour and it does not give a soothing taste to the taste buds. This recipe is the best one for amla to taste good and also we can get all the benefits of amla.Instead of boiling amla and losing all the nutrients in the boiled water here we are going to steam cook it and get the most benefit out of it.This recipe is sweet and much more healthier than the one which we get in the super markets with full of preservatives.
Benefits of Amla Murabba
- Amla helps to immune system in the body.
- Amla is rich in vitamin A hence they are very good for eyes.
- It prevents indigestion.
- It is rich in iron content which prevents anemia and Vitamin C helps to absorb iron better..
- It has high fiber content helps to relieve constipation in the body.
- It helps to low trans fats for pregnant women when they have these type of home made receipes.
- It is very good for hair to grow soft, silky, long and strong.
- It prevents acidity in the stomach.
Instruction to make Amla Murabba:
- Take the amlas, wash them well and punch all over the amla with a fork.
- Steam cook the amlas in idli or pressure cooker.
- Check the amlas after 10 mins and when pocked with a knifeit should pierce in smoothly.(Just like you check whether the idili is done or not).
- Heat the sugar with little water till it reaches to string consistent.
- Once it reaches the string consistency. Add the amlas and boil for 10 minutes along with little saffron.
- Switch off, wait for the syrup to cool then store.
- Wash the amlas . Pock them with a fork at regular intervals.
- Steam cook the amlas as described above.
- Dissolve the sugar in 3 cups of water and bring the syrup to a boil. Add the amlas and cook over a slow flame for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the amlas are soft.
- Allow to cool completely. Keep it covered in a dry place for 2 days so that the amlas soak well in the syrup.
- Drain the amlas from the syrup, and save the syrup.Do not throw it away.Boil the syrup with cardamom powder and saffron till it reduces to a 2 to 3 string consistency. Add the amlas and cook in sim for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Let it to cool completely.
- Bottle in a sterilised air tight glass jar. Store for upto 6 months dry in a cool place.
- Try to use fresh firm amlas.
- Check for the string consistency as it is very important.
- After adding amlas the syrup tends to get a bit runny, but it does not spoil for a week
- Make sure to use dry spoon for taking the amlas .