Honey -Loaded With Benefits
Honey is a sweet liquid that is collected by the bees from the nector of the sweet and beautiful flowers .Benefits of Honey is numerous hence we are providing some of the main benefits here.
- Honey is a natural source of carbohydrates .
- The glucose in Honey is absorbed and gives immediate energy boost.
- For athletes honey helps to increase performance and reduces muscle fatigues.
- It is a very powerful immunity booster.
- Its antioxidant and anti – bacterial properties help to improve digestion and fight diseases.
- It is used in ancient days as medicine for dry cough and sore throat.
- In ancient days honey was used as home remedies for complaints such as externals wounds, infections and burns.
- It’s anti- inflammatory function reduces swelling and pain and even prevents scaring.
- It has antibiotic properties which is used in medicines.
- It is used for weight loss.
- It has no side effects.
- It is used to cure skin ulcers, cracked skin, abscesses, bed sore and acne.
- It fights internal infections like gastritis, sore throat, cold, fever, acid reflux and heartburn.
- It also helps morning sickness to Pregnant women by consuming half teaspoon of honey, half teaspoon of lime, half teaspoon of ginger juice and half teaspoon of mint juice per day 2 to 3 times.
- It heals mild burns and wounds in the body.
- Helps to maintain proper dental care.
- It helps to moisture the skin.
- It helps to dehydrate body that cures diarrhea and also vomiting by consuming daily through food and drink.
- It reduces cholesterol, diabetes, fungal infection, cancer and balancing bacterial infection within the gastrointestinal tract.
- Honey lowers blood sugar.
- While using honey instead of sugar in helps to reduce sugar level to diabetics patient.
- It helps in initiating the healing process in dormant wounds.
- It also used in all household for taste and health in daily life.
Beauty benefits of honey:
Honey is used widely as beauty secrets of women .To make your skin look fresh and bright for any type of functions you want to attend these face packs using honey will really help to brighten your face.
For dry and tried skin:
Yogurt – 1/2 cup
Honey – 1 tsp
Almond oil – 1/2 tsp.
Mix these well and apply it on the face and let it set for 20mins until dry.Wash off with cold water and then see the difference.
For other skin types:
Honey – 1/2 tsp
lemon juice – 1 tsp.
Apply on the face and let it set for 15 mins.Then wash off with normal water.Then get ready for the party.While using creams and lotions for the face and body there are many products out in the market.It is always better to choose the right product for our skin type and does not create any damage to the skin. Some products are branded and they might be a little bit over our budget but using a safe product is wise.
Start using honey in your meals straightaway:
1. Use honey as a drizzle over desserts such as pudding,cakes ,ice-cream, oatmeal and
2. Use honey as a sweetener for your tea, coffee, or smoothie recipes instead of sugar.
3. Use honey as a seasoning for barbecue ribs, pork chops or chicken wings while marinating the food for cooking.
4. Use honey as a salad dressing with olive oil and vinegar for the extra taste.
5.Honey is used in making jams,spreads and dips.
- Start your day fresh and healthy with drinking a glass full of lemon juice mixed with honey .
- When suffering from sore throat have a spoon full of honey .It gives a soothing coat over the wounded throat and reduces coughing.
- When you are not able to sleep drink a warm glass of milk with honey which will induce sleep .Or you can also have a cup of tea with honey which will also help.